Happy Kids

Happy Kids
Winter fun with the littles

Friday, April 20, 2012

Hidden Safety…

Where did the kids go, I asked? A chuckle drawing my attention to the massive old Cedar Tree at Crestwood Park. I forgot about the safety in its branches. So often as a child I played hidden by its long, tangled, low hanging limbs pretending it was my house, my barn, a palace, some magical place. I remember my mom saying the same thing as I disappeared beneath its cover. The kids were laughing and giggling and having so much fun climbing. They met some friends, kids they had never seen before, and together they all played. They played as I had as a child; the stories flowing from the center of tree. I love the flow and freedom as they write and re-write the events of the day. Unchartered they unfold organically with no sense of reality or logic. How do I relate this experience to my days of prescribed movements and daily plans. To allow imagination to reign in the forefront of my consciousness and let it guide my life as I move forward.  I think that sounds like a good goal. Let’s go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment